A new week begins...

So, I realized this morning, I had full intentions of posting yesterday, and was just too exausted by the time I got home. So today will recap yesterday.

Wedding dress shopping = stressful. That pretty much sums up yesterday, in fact. Spend most of the day trying on and looking for my wedding dress. I never thought it would be so difficult. I usually don't have a hard time finding a nice dress that I end up falling in love with. Apparently, my wedding dress will be my demise. I'm finding some really cute stuff, but it seems my dilemma is they are all more than I'm willing to shell out. I've never been one to spend a lot of money on my clothes, I love thift stores and bargains, to the point I never pay full retail price for pretty much anything I buy. To me, there is no point. Well, will a wedding dress, they are all , at least here in Reno, around $800-$1200, and I'm sorry, I'm not willing to spend 1/4 of my total budget on a dress. Sure, I plan to reuse it for stage performances, since I'm not getting a "white" dress, but still. That is a lot of money for one piece of clothing.

The other option I have played around with is either buying online, where I an get it for $200-$300, or renting. With all of this time, and energy, I'm spending looking and trying on dresses, I'm actually leaning away from renting it. I'd rather own something after all this work I'm putting into it. And as for online, the only problem isI'm worried I wont love it once I put it on. I haven't found a dress yet that I love, so whose to say I'll buy the dress online and love it? Things always tend to look better on the hanger then on my body.

There are a few dresses that have been offered to me, which I'm very excited to try one and look at, that would in fact be free for me to use. However, again, things always look better on the rack than on me. So I'm looking forward to that possibility, but I'm also worried at the same time, it wont be something I "love", and for this day, I feel I should indeed love my dress.

Haha...and I thought my wedding would be easy to plan. 6 months out and I'm already getting stressed. Time for me to talk a little step back. It's more important about why there is a wedding, and not the wedding itself. It means I'm starting my life with Chris, which is a very special and momentous day, and I shouldn't let little crap ruin it.

Until next time...

Blessed Be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment